Job Opportunity: Technical and Facilities Coordinator
Title: Technical and Facilities Coordinator
Term: Full-Time (44 hours per week)
Reports to: Production Manager, Managing Director
Annual Salary: $47,500 – $55,000
The Technical and Facilities Coordinator is a vital member of the Factory Theatre team, ensuring the care and upkeep of our downtown heritage facility and coordinating its use as a community resource. Working with the production and producing staff, the Technical and Facilities Coordinator in collaboration with the Production Manager, is responsible for the maintenance of the building and technical equipment. They will also work to support the production activities of Factory Theatre including primary responsibility for the technical advancing for Factory’s diverse roster of rental clients, as well assisting with the technical planning and implementing of factory productions and presentations.
Core Objectives and Responsibilities
- Technical lead for coordinating rental events, including liaising with renter production team and communication of event specifics to appropriate Factory staff and assessing rental events for a feasibility with a mind towards crewing and technical needs. Is also responsible for providing technical assistance and orientation to rental companies while on site.
- Provide technical assistance to Production Manager in the planning and implementation of Factory productions and presentations.
- Providing technical assistance and orientation to rental companies while on site.
- Contribute to ongoing health and safety programs, policies, and procedures.
- Oversee the maintenance and improvement of the capital facility, with specific attention to the theatre spaces and equipment therein.
- Coordinate building maintenance and inspections, and nurturing positive relationships with suppliers.
- Manage inventory of building supplies, tools, and theatrical equipment, including overseeing any outgoing equipment loans or rentals.
- Carrying out small repairs and routine upkeep of the facility.
- Participate as a full team member of the Factory Theatre staff and assume responsibility for special projects and committee work as required.
- A collaborative, creative, and strategic thinking individual with experienced knowledge of theatre production and technical equipment.
- A keen attention to detail, high personal professional standards, and an ability to handle multiple tasks with accuracy is a must.
- A working knowledge of the local theatre ecology and experience working with IATSE labour are assets.
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience in a technical theatre or technical management capacity.
- Experience working with a variety of live performances including theatre, dance, and festivals.
- Ability to read technical drawings including lighting plots and ground plans. Ability to read and generate construction drawings and asset but not necessity.
- Strong knowledge of Excel and office suite.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work on multiple projects.
- Ability to take on technical/production leadership as needed to support the Production Manager.
- Collaborative and flexible working style to adapt to team/production needs.
Eligible for participation in a group health benefits plan. New Factory employees start with 15 days paid vacation, 5 days paid personal leave, and 10 days un-paid leave. Flexible schedule as some evening and weekend work is required. Access to a shared employee fund for professional development, including travel and event/performance tickets where appropriate. Factory operates on Windows, MS Office / Outlook / Sharepoint, Discord, and Airtable.
How to Apply
Deadline: June 29
Please send a cover letter and CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title in the subject of your email.
Factory is committed to equity, accessibility, and transparency at all points in the recruitment and hiring process. If application process, proposed deadline, or interview dates create a barrier for you, please contact email@example.com and we will work to meet your needs.