Philanthropy and Partnerships Manager (6 Month Contract)
Title: Philanthropy & Partnerships Manager (6 Month Contract)
Engagement Terms: Employee, fixed term 6 month contract with option to extend
Start Date: July 2021, flexible
Fee: $25,000 (based on annual salary of $50k pro-rated for 26-week contract)
Reporting to the Managing Director and working closely with the Artistic Director, the Philanthropy & Partnerships Manager is an essential member of a high-performance, collaborative administrative team, responsible for leading and maximizing Factory’s contributed revenue programs. This position is responsible for maintaining active and productive relationships with our donors, sponsors, grantors, and volunteers, and ensuring the organization reaches its fundraising goals.
Core Objectives and Responsibilities:
- Building and strengthening Factory’s base of private sector support and developing new resource partnerships.
- Maintaining and strengthening Factory’s core corporate, foundation, and individual supporters through ongoing stewardship and donor communications.
- Core administrative functions, including donation processing and tax receipts, accurate ongoing records of revenue and expense targets, fulfillment reports, revenue tracking and reporting, timely submission of private and public funding applications, and database upkeep.
- Working with the company leadership and Board, conceptualizing, implementing and managing all fundraising campaigns, activities, and events including annual giving, major gifts, corporate and foundation giving, planned giving and endowment, and special campaigns (notably, campaigns connected to Factory’s season of Free Digital Programming).
- Working with the Managing Director and Board Committees to translate strategic planning goals into departmental operation plans.
- Event management and execution for all fundraising and donor events, including pre/post show receptions, galas, other social events.
- Participate in negotiation of contracts with suppliers with Managing Director and relevant staff as it relates to opportunities for in-kind support
- The responsibilities listed above address the key duties of the position. Additional responsibilities may occasionally be required. They will not, however, be unreasonably assigned.
The ideal candidate is collaborative, a strategic thinking, a detail-minded administrator, and will have experience with fundraising in a non-profit environment (ideally with experience in theatre). An ability to hit the ground running and handle concurrent self-directed projects will be essential for success due to the length of the contract. Experience with MS Office, One Drive, Spektrix, and Sage Accounting software is not essential but considered an asset.
Factory Theatre is currently working primarily in a virtual office, with optional limited access to our office facilities. We anticipate returning to an in-person work environment during the term of the contract. Factory will supply necessary computer equipment and software for the period of virtual work.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send resume with cover letter and two references in a single pdf document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention Philanthropy and Partnerships Manager in the subject line. Factory is committed to offer an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments and encourage applications from BIPOC, queer, gender diverse, d/Deaf, and disabled applicants. If you require accommodations or have access needs at any point in the application or recruitment process please submit them to email@example.com.