Title: Production Manager
Term: Full-time (44 hours per week)
Reports to: Managing Director, Artistic Director
Salary Range: $50,000 – $55,000
Application Deadline: January 23, 2022
The Production Manager has the primary responsibility for management of all technical and production elements of Factory’s activities. Reporting to the Managing Director and Artistic Director, this position maintains a high level of artistic integrity, safety, and appropriate working environment for artistic and production personnel. The position supervises all production related and technical staff, including designers, IATSE crews, contract technical directors, and props and wardrobe labour.
Core Objectives and Responsibilities
- Lead the planning and coordination of all production elements, schedules, and budgets for Factory productions, presentations, and festivals and overseeing all production meetings.
- Plan and maintain the production schedule for each show and schedule build times for carpentry, prop, and wardrobe shops and stage crews.
- Costing and negotiation of prices with vendors and rental agents for various equipment and repair.
- Act as staff supervisor for all Factory Theatre technical staff, specifically the Mainspace and Studio Head Technicians, in addition to contracted production and creative team members and IATSE Technicians.
- Ensure that all production personnel are well trained, versed in and compliant with current safety practices and legislation. Provide annual performance reviews and ongoing feedback for all reporting staff.
- Manage and monitor accurate expenditures and budget adherence, including production, staffing, and maintenance budgets. Authorize payroll for production staff and all production-related accounts payable.
- Assist the Managing Director and Associate Producer in negotiating production personnel contracts.
- Participate in the day-to-day and ongoing maintenance of the theatre and artist spaces (e.g. green rooms), including the inventory therein.
- Participate as a full team member of the Factory Theatre staff and assume responsibility for special projects and committee work as required.
A collaborative, creative, and strategic thinking individual at the early stages of their career a track record of successfully managing productions and teams. A working knowledge of industry collective agreements (PGC, CAEA, ADC, etc.) and industry employment and safety standards, as well as a practiced ability with standard hardware and software (VectorWorks, QLab, Sound and Lighting control systems, etc.) are a must. The Production Manager will also need to posses strong project management skills, financial literacy, a keen attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple complex tasks. A working knowledge of the local and national theatre ecology is an asset.
Eligible for participation in group health benefits plan. New Factory employees start with 15 days paid vacation, 5 days paid personal leave, and 10 days un-paid leave. Flexible schedule as some evening and weekend work is required. Access to a shared employee fund for professional development, including travel and event/performance tickets where appropriate. Eligible for hybrid office hours as only some tasks require in-person presence at office/theatre. Factory operates on Windows, MS Office / Outlook, Discord, and Airtable.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, CV, and two professional or personal references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 7pm on January 23, 2022.
Factory is committed to equity, accessibility, and transparency at all points in the recruitment and hiring process. If you are experiencing any obstacles relating to the application, proposed deadline, or interview dates, please contact email@example.com and we will work to meet your needs.