Job Opportunity: Marketing and Communications Manager
Title: Marketing and Communications Manager
Term: Full-Time (40 hours per week)
Reports to: Managing Director
Annual Salary: $55,000 – $60,000
Reporting to the Managing Director, and working closely with the Artistic Director and Factory’s administrative team, the Marketing and Communications Manager is in charge of growing and diversifying Factory’s audience base. The position combines high-level strategy and planning with hands-on work in program execution and close collaboration with our patron services team to ensure an ideal customer experience.
Core Objectives and Responsibilities
- Develop an overall strategic marketing plan with new and innovative approaches to audience development and retention.
- Create, manage, and implement direct marketing campaigns for single productions or programs and the company as a whole, including paid media buys, copywriting, and cross-promotions.
- Primary liaison and supervision of all marketing and branding collateral, including photo, video, graphic design, and web design as well as ongoing upkeep of Factory’s website.
- Develop external relationships toward promotional partnerships within the theatre and larger arts community.
- Final responsibility for all external communications, ensuring effective dissemination of information and engagement with company initiatives such as calls for submissions, surveys, job postings, etc.
- Maintain positive relationship with local and national media and actively pursue free media opportunities; responsible for writing and disseminating media releases.
- Create and lead group sale campaigns, including educational sales, and audience enrichment activities as well as other special engagement projects as needed.
- The pursuit, negotiation and servicing of partnerships with related businesses, media outlets, and corporations, including acquiring advertising sales for all house programmes.
- Work closely with the Patron Services department to ensure brand image, customer service, and communications policies are consistent; direct liaison with Box Office in the marketing administration related to the above.
- Monitor performance and adjust projections based on careful budget management and the active gathering and analysis of statistical information to guide strategic decisions.
- Participate as a full team member of the Factory Theatre staff and assume responsibility for special projects and committee work as required.
A collaborative, creative, and strategic thinking individual with high professional standards, acute attention to details, and excellent communication skills. A high level of comfort with technology and an ability to handle multiple tasks with accuracy is a must, as is a working knowledge of the local and national theatre ecology.
Eligible for participation in group health benefits plan. New Factory employees start with 15 days paid vacation, 5 days paid personal leave, and 10 days un-paid leave. Flexible schedule as some evening and weekend work is required. Access to a shared employee fund for professional development, including travel and event/performance tickets where appropriate. Eligible for hybrid office hours as only some tasks require in-person presence at office/theatre. Factory operates on Windows, MS Office / Outlook, Discord, Spektrix (CRM Database), Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, and Airtable.
Start date and onboarding are negotiable.
How to Apply:
Send a resume and either a cover letter or short video outlining your interest in the position to email@example.com by January 27, 2023.
Participants selected for an interview will receive a $50 honorarium.